Sheep Pacu (Acnodon normani)
From The Aquarium Wiki
5.8 - 7.2
- Tiger Pacu, Elongatus Pacu
| This section requires expansion with:
Location where this animal is found in the wild.
- Difficult to visually sex.
- Appreciates company of its own kind. Can be kept with larger robust peaceful or, depending on species, semi-aggressive South American Cichlids.
- Predominantly vegetarian and will nibble live plants, however will also sift food, including invertebrates, from the detritus.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Needs a large, well filtered and spacious tank with plenty of swimming space. Will eat live plants so is not planted tank safe.
- A fast swimming fish, fairly robust. Prone to ich and other parasites.
- An elongated laterally depressed slender fish with a silver iridescent body with gold and olive green colouration, some vertical barring, large eyes and translucent fins.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )