Blue Diamond Characin (Alestopetersius smykalai)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Blue Diamond Characin
6.0 - 7.2
- Blue Diamond Characin, Blue Diamond Tetra
Additional scientific names
- Rhabdalestes smykalai, Hemigrammopetersius smykalai
| This section requires expansion with:
Location where this animal is found in the wild.
- Males have more vibrant colour and finnage than females.
- A relatively peaceful Characin as long as its kept in shoals of at least 6. Do not keep it with very small fish or fin nippers. Is also best not kept with long-finned slow moving fish such as Angelfish.
- A carnivorous fish that will take most foods including pellets and flake as well as live/frozen foods such as bloodworm, brine shrimp and daphnia.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Keep in a spacious tank with dense planting and hiding places as well as open swimming space. Prefers acidic water.
- A reasonably peaceful shoaling fish.
- An exceptionally attractive fish with elongated forked caudal and dorsal fins. The body is iridescent silver with hues of blue and a fine black lateral stripe ending in a caudal peduncle spot.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )