Leopold's Tetra (Astyanax leopoldi)
From The Aquarium Wiki
6.0 - 7.0
| This section requires expansion with:
Location where this animal is found in the wild.
- Not easy to sex, females will be fuller in the belly.
- A peaceful shoaling fish that must be kept in groups of 6 or more. Do not keep them with anything predatory.
- This fish wil accept most foods including pellet and flake, spirulina, brine shrimp and daphnia and they may also nibble on blanched vegetables.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- They should have a spacious tank with plenty of open swimming space and some current, décor in the form of bogwood and driftwood branches and some planting is appreciated.
- A very active shoaling fish.
- With a body shape similar to the more often seen Serpae Tetra, this fish is pale and iridescent gold in colour, the body is almost translucent, and there is a darker marking on the caudal peduncle. The eye has red above it.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )