Madagascar Rainbowfish (Bedotia geayi)
From The Aquarium Wiki
7.0 - 8.0
- Madagascar Rainbowfish, Madagascan Rainbowfish, Red-Tailed Silverside, Zona
Additional scientific names
- Bedotia longianalis, Bedotia tricolor, Bedotia madagascarensis
| This section requires expansion with:
Location where this animal is found in the wild.
- Males are far more colourful than females and have a pointed dorsal fin as opposed to the more rounded dorsal of the female.
- A peaceful shoaling fish that should be kept in groups of 5 or more. Keep with other peaceful community fish of similar size. Avoid anything larger or predatory.
- Will accept most pellet and flake food, prefers floating food to sinking food. Will also accept live/frozen foods such as brine shrimp. They may nibble soft plants.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Prefers a spacious tank with lots of open swimming room, does not need dense planting, but some sparse tall plants would be appreciated. They are susceptible to water quality issues.
- A peaceful active shoaling fish.
- An elongate slender fish, the body is pale with blue or yellow iridescence. There is darker, but not defined, wide lateral line. The dorsal fin is set well back on the body above the anal fin, and the dorsal, anal and caudal fins are edged in black and yellow in colour.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )