Emerald Betta (Betta smaragdina)
From The Aquarium Wiki
6.0 - 8.0
This animal is available captive bred
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Emerald Betta, Smaragd Fighter, Smaragd Betta, Emerald Green Betta, Blue Betta
- Thailand, and Vietnam
- Males are more colourful.
- A more peaceful Betta which can be kept in pairs in 38 Litres (10 US G.), groups in 114 Litres (30 US G.) or larger. Can be kept in peaceful non-territorial tank mates. In order to breed, they must be kept in species tanks.
- Will eat most meaty foods including bloodworm. May also accept pellet foods.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- These Bettas are quite tolerant of varying water conditions provided they remain healthy and stable. Do best in densely planted tanks.
- A generally peaceful Betta.
- An attractive fish similar in very shape to the fancy Plakat Betta splendens. They have green or blue gill plates with wild spots on the tail rays.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )