Benny Tetra (Creagrutus beni)
From The Aquarium Wiki
6.0 - 7.2
- Benny Tetra, Goldstripe Characin
- South America: Upper Madeira River basin in northeastern Bolivia
- Difficult to sex, females may appear fuller in the belly than males.
- A peaceful community fish, keep in shoals of 6 or more. Do not keep with larger predatory fish.
- Will take most foods including pellets and flake as well as live/frozen food such as brine shrimp and daphnia.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Keep in a spacious tank with dense planting and hiding places as well as some open swimming space. They prefer dimmed lighting with floating plants and a darker substrate.
- A peaceful shoaling fish.
- This little Tetra has a similar body shape to the Neon Tetra, however, the body is mostly silver in colouration with a bold lateral line beginning from the eye and widening towards the caudal and it tends to be orange-red in colouration. The fins are mostly clear but the anal fin has tipped with a white-yellow spot.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )