Zoster Butterflyfish (Hemitaurichthys zoster)
From The Aquarium Wiki
1.020 - 1.025
8.2 - 8.5
This animal is available captive bred
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Zoster Butterflyfish, Black Pyramid Butterfly
Additional scientific names
- Chaetodon zoster, Tetragonoptrus zoster
- Indian Ocean: East Africa to Guam, north to India, south to Mauritius.
- It is not possible to visually sex this fish.
- A generally peaceful Butterflyfish which should be reef safe provided it is kept well fed.
- This fish's diet should consist of frozen and freeze-dried foods containing algae are good substitutes and can be supplemented with dried algae and vitamin enriched brine shrimp and mysis shrimp.
- Feed twice a day.
- Does best in a spacious, mature reef setting.
- A peaceful but shy Butterflyfish.
- Is brownish-black with a white band down the side. Has been known to hybridise with Hemitaurichthys polylepis.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )