Phantom Bannerfish (Heniochus pleurotaenia)
From The Aquarium Wiki
1.020 - 1.025
8.0 - 8.5
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Phantom Bannerfish, Phantom Butterflyfish, Indian Bannerfish
- Requires close examination
- This Bannerfish can be territorial towards other Bannerfish. They can be kept in pairs or groups in a large enough aquarium, however, in order to keep several they would need to be added to the tank at the same time. Should not be kept with aggressive fish and is otherwise peaceful towards tank mates. Reef safe, and will eat aiptasia.
- Phantom Bannerfish are largely plankton eaters in the wild. A diet of frozen, freeze-dried, fresh or flake food is readily accepted. Also provide regular vegetable food source and vitamin-boosting supplements.
- Feed twice a day.
- Reef tank
- Should only kept to peaceful tankmates
| This section requires expansion with:
Methods for identifying and differentiating this species from similar species.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )