Celebes Rainbowfish (Marosatherina ladigesi)
From The Aquarium Wiki
1 - 1.006
7.0 - 8.0
- Celebes Rainbowfish, Celebes Sailfin
Additional scientific names
- Telmatherina ladigesi
| This section requires expansion with:
Location where this animal is found in the wild.
- The males are more colourful than females.
- A shoaling fish that should be kept in groups of 5 or more. Does best in a peaceful community set up, preferably in brackish water.
- Will accept most floating foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen food such as bloodworm and brine shrimp.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- This fish is very sensitive to water conditions and will need frequent water changes. They need densely planted areas with hiding places as well as open swimming areas. They need a well aerated tank and a fine gravel substrate.
- A peaceful active shoaling fish.
- This fish has a slender and elongated body with lateral compression. There are two dorsal fins, the first being very small and the first rays of the second dorsal fin and anal fin develop into long, thread-like appendages. Males are yellow-brown in colour with blue-green iridescence. An iridescent blue to green stripe extends laterally from the caudal fin to the gill cover.The first dorsal fin is amber coloured while the other fins are yellowish. The first rays of the second dorsal and anal fins are black. The edges of the caudal fin are yellow with white ends.The rest of the fin is black. The colours of females are subdued and their fins are shorter.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )