Salmon Catfish (Neoarius leptaspis)
From The Aquarium Wiki
1.010 - 1.020
6.5 - 8.2
- Salmon Catfish, Salmontail Catfish, Boofhead Catfish
Additional scientific names
- Arius leptaspis, Hexanematichthys leptaspis
| This section requires expansion with:
Location where this animal is found in the wild.
- It is not possible to sex this fish visually and there have been no reports of captive breeding.
- Appreciates company of it's own kind and is generally peaceful. Can pose a threat to smaller fish.
- Will accept most foods including sinking pellet, flake and wafers as well as blanched vegetables and live/frozen food such as bloodworm and brine shrimp.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Must have an exceptionally large and spacious tank with excellent filtration. Appreciates brackish water over freshwater.
- A generally peaceful active shoaling fish.
- An elongate and slender fish with a sharply forked caudal and a shark-like swimming pattern. Is is deep grey-silver in colour with several sets of barbels.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )