Celebes Halfbeak (Nomorhamphus liemi)
From The Aquarium Wiki
1 - 1.015
6 - 8
This animal is available captive bred
Additional scientific names
- Nomorhamphus liemi liemi, Nomorhamphus liemi snijdersi
- Asia in Celebes, Indonesia.
| This section requires expansion with:
Methods for differentiating male and females.
- A very good community fish, but do NOT put 2 males in the same tank as they will fight. Otherwise, relatively peaceful with other non-predatory fish like Platys, Guppies, and Corydoras.
- The Celebes Halfbeak is an omnivore and will eat insects, crustaceans and flake food.
- Feed 2-3 times a day.
- The Celebes Halfbeak will accept a wide variety of environments, but it would be appreciated if you added some decorations.
- Generally a peaceful fish, but don't put 2 or more males together, or they will end up killing each other.
- Very similar to its relatives, the Wrestling Halfbeak and Needle Nose Gar, which have slender bodies and a sharp snout sticking out.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )