Crystalwort (Riccia fluitans)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Liverwort)
Alternative Names[edit | edit source]
- Riccia Moss, Liverwort, Crystalwort
Description[edit | edit source]
- A clumping floating plant that is actually composed of hundreds of tiny plants interlinked.
- Available since the 1970s it was made popular by a series of books by Japanese aquarist Takashi Amano.
Environment Specifics[edit | edit source]
- This plant can be used as a thick mat of floating plant for shelter for surface nest builders like the Dwarf Gourami.
- It can be wrapped around a weight with fishing line and submerged to make an attractive foreground plant. If there is enough light, this plant will develop attractive pearling.
- It can also be used to line the edges of ornaments which protrude above the water line. It will attach itself to the object and grow into the water.
- Adds lots of oxygen to the water.
- To show it off at its best add CO2 to your tank.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
Riccia under water (c) Tropica http://www.tropica.com/