Carberryi Anthias (Nemanthias carberryi)
From The Aquarium Wiki
265 Litres (70 US G.)
6.4-7.6cm (2.5-3 ")
8.0 - 8.5
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Carberryi Anthias, Threadfin Goldie, Threadfin Anthias
Additional scientific names
- Emmelanthias stigmapteron
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Anthias species all share the trait of being hermaphroditic. If a dominant male perishes, the largest female of the group will often morph to take its place. Males colouration tends to be more vivid than females. Additionally the females appear to be smaller and have a more distinct separation between yellow and pink.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Reef compatible. Do best when kept with other peaceful fish.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Omnivorous. Offer a variety of foods. If necessary start them with live, but more likely they will accept frozen food shortly after introduction and can be trained onto flake and pellet fairly easily.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed 2-3 times daily.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Only shy in presence of more aggressive fish, otherwise active reef fish that appreciate being kept in groups.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )