Celebes Halfbeak (Nomorhamphus liemi)
From The Aquarium Wiki
95 Litres (25 US G.)
6.4-8.9cm (2.5-3.5 ")
6 - 8
22 -27 °C (71.6-80.6°F)
This animal is available captive bred
Additional scientific names
- Nomorhamphus liemi liemi, Nomorhamphus liemi snijdersi
Origin[edit | edit source]
- Asia in Celebes, Indonesia.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A very good community fish, but do NOT put 2 males in the same tank as they will fight. Otherwise, relatively peaceful with other non-predatory fish like Platys, Guppies, and Corydoras.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- The Celebes Halfbeak is an omnivore and will eat insects, crustaceans and flake food.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed 2-3 times a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- The Celebes Halfbeak will accept a wide variety of environments, but it would be appreciated if you added some decorations.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Generally a peaceful fish, but don't put 2 or more males together, or they will end up killing each other.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Very similar to its relatives, the Wrestling Halfbeak and Needle Nose Gar, which have slender bodies and a sharp snout sticking out.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )