Orbiculate Cardinalfish (Sphaermia orbicularis)
114 Litres (30 US G.)
11.4-12.7cm (4.5-5 ")
8.1 - 8.4
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
This animal is available captive bred
- Orbiculate Cardinalfish, Polka-dot Cardinalfish
Additional scientific names
- Apogon orbicularis
Origin[edit | edit source]
- East Africa to Kiribati, north to the Ryukyu Islands, south to New Caledonia; Belau to eastern Caroline and Mariana Islands in Micronesia.
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- These fish are not easy to visually sex.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
Diet[edit | edit source]
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Reef tank
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Mixes well with peaceful tankmates.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Can be mistaken for the similar-looking Sphaeramia nematoptera. The S.orbicularis is less colourful than the S.nematoptera. It also has less defined spotting and a thinner mid-body dark vertical band. It is greenish-grey in colour and has mottled spotting all over.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )