Hawaiian Red Shrimp (Halocaridina rubra)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
Hawaiian Red Shrimp
19 Litres (5 US G.)
1.2-1.5 cm (0.5-0.6")
7.5 - 8.0
22.2-27.8°C (72 -82 °F)
This animal is available captive bred
- Hawaiian Red Shrimp, Hawaiian Volcano Shrimp, Anchialine Shrimp, Opae ula
- Will only breed in brackish water.
- Due to this shrimp being exceptionally tiny it's best kept in a species tank without fish.
- Eats mostly algae. Can also eat carrots, zucchini.
- This shrimp requires brackish water in the long run and will thrive best in salty conditions rather than freshwater.
- Will often hide during the day and come out once the lights are turned off.