Stoplight Parrotfish (Sparisoma viride)
From The Aquarium Wiki
568 Litres (150 US G.)
50.8-55.9cm (20-22 ")
8.1 - 8.4
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
- Dark Green Parrotfish, Parrot Chub, Moontail, Red Belly, Redbelly
- Found throughout the Caribbean.
- Hermaphroditic; males change to females, and back to males.
- Eats algae off corals by scraping off coral with their strong, beak like mouths.
- Reef tank
- Fairly Peaceful
- Juveniles are reddish-brown all over; when the fish are in initial phase, they are grey, and black with a red belly. When the fish are in terminal phase, they are blue-green, with a yellow bar on the tail's middle, with another one on the edge.